Monday, August 22, 2016

Top Misunderstood Things About Car Insurance

After spending many years in the insurance policy industry we get come up with a top 10 list of most misunderstood things about automobile insurance policy.  These automobile insurance policy myths are some of the most common questions that most people get about direct automobile insurance policy either buying or reviewing their  auto insurance policy coverage.  Its better to find out now before you get a claim and  it's too late.

* I just got my 1st speeding ticket my insurance policy rates are going to go way up.
Reality:  whenever this is your first ticket your rates probably won't even change.  Most direct automobile insurance policy providers will give you a pass whenever you don't get any other tickets or claims in the past 3 to 5 years depending on the company.

* That new Plasma TV I bought last year won't affect my automobile insurance policy
Reality:  whenever you didn't pay the credit card  you charged it on then it just might.  Almost all insurance policy companies now use some form of credit scoring when determining not only whenever you will qualify as insurance policy, but also what you will pay.  There can easily be 50% difference in rates as a person with excellent credit to someone with poor credit.

* I just slammed my automobile door into my lawnmower parked in my garage, my homeowners policy will cover it Reality:  Your homeowner's coverage has nothing to do with covering your automobile.  The only way your automobile will be covered is whenever you get Comprehensive (Comp) coverage as your automobile.  And then only after you pay you deductible.

* I just cracked up my friends automobile and I tell him don't worry my insurance policy will cover it Reality: It will but only after your friends policy pays first.  So let's say your friend has a $500 collision deductible and you get a $250 deductible.  You would get to give your friend the $500 as his deductible as his insurance policy company is Primary.  Meaning your insurance policy will only
pay after his policy limits are exhausted.  So just remember in this scenario your deductible does not matter its going to be based on your friends.

*  Whenever you're riding your bicycle and get hit by a automobile your automobile insurance policy
won't get involved Reality:  whenever you get hurt or killed while riding your bike or even walking down the street you maybe surprised to learn that you may be covered by your direct automobile insurance policy policy.  Whenever the person driving the automobile didn't get any insurance policy or not enough insurance policy to cover your injuries, your Uninsured or Underinsured coverage would pay as your claim.

*  Someone just broke into my automobile and stole all of my personal belongings out of it i.e. Cd's,
Cell phone, Christmas Presents, my automobile insurance policy will pay as it.
Reality:  Your automobile insurance policy does not cover your personal belongings left inside the automobile.  You are going to get to file a claim with your Homeowners or Renters insurance policy policy to be compensated as these items.  The general rule of thumb is your automobile insurance policy will only pay as items that are attached to the vehicle

*  I am going to be charged more as my  automobile insurance policy because my automobile
is red, blue, black, pink... Reality:  The color of your automobile has absolutely nothing to do with your rates.  Whenever you like red buy a red automobile, whenever you like black buy a black automobile.  Don't ever let this silly nonsense stop you from buying a automobile.

*  I didn't get a automobile as the last 2 years, this won't affect my rates. Reality:  Not having continuous automobile insurance policy is frowned upon by most direct automobile insurance policy companies now a day's.  Some companies won't penalize you as not having prior insurance policy.  Whenever you don't get prior insurance policy make sure you get a good excuse like you took the bus, or you were in the military, or some other legitimate reason.  Oh and by the way I couldn't afford my insurance policy is not on that list

* Telling a little white lie on my insurance policy application won't affect my coverage whenever I ever get a claim Reality:  This is one of the worst things a person can do.  Whenever you lie on your insurance policy application there is a good chance you won't get any coverage when you need it the
most.  You think they won't find out?  Remember these 2 things when insurance policy company is on the hook as a ton of money.  #1 They are going to start asking questions and the first thing they look at is your application.  Wouldn't you whenever you were them?  And reason #2, the insurance policy
companies get more money than god and they get people working full time to find this stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment